A Warm Welcome To You!
I am so glad you landed here and may I welcome you to the world of Self-Care...
You are in the right place.
As you might be aware, most women find it difficult to put themselves on the top of their to-do list. Michelle Obama said it best during her candid Q&A session at the 25th Anniversary Essence Festival in New Orleans when she stated:
“Many of us, we have a hard time putting ourselves on our own priority list, let alone at the top of it, and that's what happens when it comes to our health as women. We are so busy giving and doing for others that we almost feel guilty to take that time out for ourselves.”
She goes on to say that it is time for us to have real conversations to bring out real change…
How true is that? Because if we continue to behave the way we do and fail to address it, the outcome isn’t favorable for our health or that of those we care about the most. And who wants to keep operating from the old (not so old but incredibly damaging) schools of thought?
Embracing living my life authentically, no longer seeking validation or permission...
Things I love in no particular order!
- Being with Loved Ones - chatting, disagreeing, gaining new perspectives, laughing; feeling part of something so much bigger than me, cradled in love.
- Being a Mother and Grandmother – I mean seriously, how cool is it to have given life and then watch that life give life?
- Being in Nature – walking, sitting, listening, learning from it. Nothing moves me quite like our natural world, whatever the weather, the time of day. It calms me, energises me, and reminds me of how lucky I am. It provides the inner space for gratitude. And I love to weave nature into my work!
- Reading a Good Book - often self-development but sometimes good light-hearted fun (from Becoming, to Belonging, to Untamed through to The Book of Joy & Bridget Jones)
- Writing – exploring our connection to nature, developing a healthy mindset & healthy body with words and photos that come up & through me, instinctively.
- A Relaxed Wardrobe With Plenty of Sports Gear - It makes me feel ready to do something for me, for my self-care (even when it is nothing more than a fashion statement 😊)
- A Glass of Red Wine with Cheese and Crackers - my go to chill out treat! Yummy…
- Music Sweet Music – it lifts my spirits, positively impacts my mindset, and sets me free when I dance around the kitchen and front room, much to the amusement of family. And probably why I became a radio presenter along the way.
- Dogs – had one for most of my childhood & early adulthood but currently without. If ever you want to experience pure unconditional love, bring a dog into your life!
Global things I am committed to play a role in:
- Embracing Nature – connecting or reconnecting wonderful women just like you to the healing power of nature, embracing the power we can absorb from its beauty to energise ourselves.
- The Health of our Nation – the importance of making time for personal health care must become a priority (not in words, in actions) and connecting with nature regardless of where one lives (more open spaces)
- Injustice in the World in all its Guises – this planet is big enough for all of us to have our basic human needs met. No excuses.
Got any questions, ideas, thoughts?